Snacking usually has a bad reputation because it has long been associated with junk food and sweets. But did you know that if you make smarter snack choices, it can actually benefit your health and the way you look? With this, let me share to you some of the best anti aging snacks that you can try to help keep you look young and radiant. Here are some of them.
1. Nuts and seeds. Nuts are the best snack of the bunch as they are high in arginine, an amino acid that helps stimulate the pituitary gland which is responsible in releasing growth hormones. Usually, when we reach our mid thirties, our hormones start to decline and that's when signs of aging start to creep in. Apart from that, nuts and seeds such as almonds, walnuts, pistachios and pumpkin seeds are rich sources of vitamin E and omega 3 fatty acids which can help protect the skin and delay skin aging.
2. Berries. Berries, be it strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or any berry for that matter, are rich sources of antioxidants. The colorful skins of these berries contain high amounts of bioflavonoids which are antioxidant compounds responsible in reducing and repairing free radical damage in our cells. Apart from keeping the skin youthful looking, berries can also help slow down age related memory conditions such as Alzheimers disease.
3. Avocado. Avocados are rich in glutathione, an antioxidant nutrient that helps regulate immune cells and detoxify the body. It also helps tighten and lighten the skin which can make you look significantly younger and more radiant. Apart from that, avocados are also rich in oleic acid which can help lower bad cholesterol, while increasing our good cholesterol levels at the same time.
4. Apricots. Apricots may look fragile, but this fruit packs an anti aging punch. Apricots have high carotenoid content which is another type of antioxidant that is helpful in regenerating body fluids and detoxifying. This power fruit also contains vitamins A, B, C and E making it ideal for those who need additional nourishment for the skin.
5. Green tea. A couple of sips of green tea every day can do wonders not only for your skin, but for your overall health as well. Green tea contains polyphenols which helps fight and repair free radical damage. So the next time you're having a coffee break, drink green tea instead of your usual cup of joe.